Have you ever imagined swimming in the pool of beauty??? Well dont be surprised, it is no magic but another wonder of the nature.I am talking about ‘Blue Lagoon’ – the geothermal spa in Iceland.During my visit to Iceland I made sure I visited the much renowned Blue Lagoon for all good reasons. The experience there was just serene, imagine amidst the chilling temperature of Iceland swimming/lying in a warm geothermal pool in open air. Just awesome.
Besides the experience the water of Blue lagoon is also rich in skin tonics like silica and sulphur. Sulphur helps reduce skin oiliness, and prevents pore blockages from forming.
One thing which you should not miss there is the silica mud mask which you will get all around the pool in wodden baskets. You would see many people applying that mask and then soaking themselves in water after 15 minutes. After applying this mask my skin felt very soft and refreshed. Though I did not have any acne but it is very good for acne due to the effect of silica. If you are very keen to use these masks and can’t wait till you go to Iceland, then you can also buy them from online stores at http://www.bluelagoon.com/Shop/
We roamed around Iceland by road and drove ourselves, it was such a fun…to read more about the travelogue check out http://rightindicator.com/the-plannet-iceland-4-adventurous-days/
Top 5 reasons to visit Blue Lagoon:
- To bask in medicinal sulphur waters
- To shine with silica mud mask
- To enjoy the experience of bathing in warm water in cold atmosphere
- To enjoy nice sauna chamber besides the pool
- If you still need more then go for there paid spa services to help you relax
- Come out of the lagoon and enjoy in the no man’s land filled with years old volcanic tiny rocks and geothermal water
Photo courtesy 1,3,4 –bluelagoon.com