The Ultimate Guide to Buy Diamond Pendant
The best suitable jewelry item provides you with amorousness and striking appearance and ability to spark your conversation. No matter, it is a gift, a great purchase or an interesting find. A good looking necklace gives you an opportunity to freely turn your head and pause for a moment. It makes you feel honored and prestigious in high society. So it is important to choose the quality fashion jewelry that perfectly goes with your facial color and structure. It is a right thing to keep pace with changing fashion trends and match with the contemporary demands.
However, in this world where each day is welcomed by new jewelry shapes & designs, it is equally important to consider how well the ornament complements your face and body structure. Read on to have some meaningful insight that helps you avoid non-suiting jewellery and choose the one that carries great impact on your make-up and clothes, followed by the ultra-modern elegance –
1. According to outfit
V-Neck: It is the sexiest neckline as it scoops down to as low as it can go and brings out your bare skin. Here is do’s and don’ts
• Don’t – Do not wear such necklace that keeps bare skin visible. It looks weird and fuggy.
• Do – With a V-neck dress, you should take into consideration the necklace at the size of V. Wearing it sits wide on your shoulders and leaves it for decoration. It is typically the most eye-catching style to be chosen. It enhances the bare skin by being an inch from the tip of the V and covers it perfectly. Such style attractively keeps the viewers’ eye up and down.
Turtleneck: You should determine the length and chunkiness according to your choice by observing how various styles sit upon your bust.
• Don’t – Remember, a turtleneck invites an abrupt visual halting right at your chin. Don’t wear such necklace that lets viewers halt at your chin.
• Do – Select a long or bib-style necklaces that better pair with your t-neck and mitigates the unpleasant line.
Crew Neck: If you wear a crew neckline, choose a right necklace to wear as it mitigates the body- and neck-shortening effects.
• Don’t – Avoid necklace having exact size of your neckline. It serves as irritation and a distracting element in your outfit. Also, it looks silly!
• Do – A piece of nice, dark, long necklace serves a lot to let the crew neck appear less goofy. Longer length bib necklaces also fit well with crew necklines.
Boat Neck: No doubt, the Boat Neck is designed to attract viewers to broad shoulders or large bust.
• Don’t – Avoid wearing necklaces that hit right at the collar, as they look weird and duck in & out as you move your body.
• Do – Preferably, a long necklace creates some vertical interest and works wonders. So, go for a long necklace.
Scoop Neck: Because, all necklace shapes must compliment the neckline, a scoop-neck is another versatile quality selection when it comes for choosing Jewelry.
• Don’t – Avoid buying necklace that is teamed with more than a single-strand pearl bracelet
• Do- Most suited for a scoop neck dress would be an eye-catching pendant drop necklace. It should be teamed with a single-strand pearl bracelet, as it completes the wedding look elegantly.
Open-Collar Blouse: Open collar neckline is concerned with blouse, having the top buttons undone.
• Don’t – Avoid wearing such necklace that does not suit with it.
• Do – A thicker and chunkier piece of costume jewelry best pairs with such neckline, as it lies flat with the collarbone and helps enhance the facial appearance.
Strapless: Choose the necklace that sits closure to the neck, strapless is better complemented by such jewelry.
• Don’t – do not select collar pendant or princess pendant etc., as they sit away from the neck, it makes your face dull
• Do – You should select a short strand of pearls or buy a choker. They are perfect for sophisticated look and attract viewer’s attention.
Square Neck: Most women go for this style, as it is comfortable neckline for them.
• Don’t – if you have a low bust line, you should avoid wearing dresses with square necks.
• Do – It is ideal for those women who are with heavy and moderate bust and should go for square neck.
2. According to Styles
• Collar Pendant – Collar jewelry is being highly favored and preferred by the ultramodern elegance-seeking lot of today. It is designed up to the length around 12″ – 14” and wraps around the neck. It appears attractive with V and boat-neck-styled tops, shirts or dresses. Also, it gives eye-catching look when worn with off-shoulder dress or top.
• Choker Pendant – It adds excellence to your beauty and gives a royal style to your dressing. With the length of 15″ – 16”, it sits well on your collar. The choker is well suited to casual and cocktail outfits. It does not look nice with high necks and turtle tops.
• Lariat/Sautoir/Rope Pendant – It is called rope necklace because of its length which is more than 38”. A necklace of more than opera length is known as Sautoir or Rope necklace. So is the case when we talk about Lariat. There is not any clasp in it and is easily draped around the neck. To enhance the style and accent beauty, you can wrap it various times and form a lock in center.
• Princess Pendant – It is the best complemented with medium height to very low neckline dresses. You can wear it with all kinds of dresses, body structures and occasions. Its length ranges between 17″ – 19”.
• Adjustable Pendant – Some necklaces are designed with additional links that help wearer clasp it to adjust to different neck sizes. The features are added to make you more attractive and have fascinating look when dangling behind the neck.
• Matinee Pendant – Usually, the maximum length of Matinee Pendant is 24” starting from 20”. It is good to wear with high necklines. You can also wear it with evening gowns, as it is being perfect in evenings.
3.How to Select Diamond Pendants
After choosing the necklace that best matches your outfits, it is essential to consider diamond’s quality and different attributes. Take the following things into consideration while buying a pendant for use in a necklace.
Consider the Diamond Quality & its grading reports
When you buy a diamond necklace, you need to focus on the quality of the stone. Keep In mind, there are four categories to be considered while rating the quality of a diamond. They are – carat, cut, clarity, and color.
Carat – Consider the weight of diamond in carat for the purpose of comparison. Remember, 200 milligram equals to 1 carat. A necklace of having higher carat weight is more valuable. Go for the diamond’s size, as it is appropriate to its setting. a larger diamond carries valuable impact as pendant earrings than as a pendant necklace.
Cut –You should evaluate the quality of the diamond cut. Diamonds are given certain grades to ensure its value. Below are the grades –
• Ideal cut – diamonds of ideal cut possess smaller table sizes and evaluate the stone’s brilliance. Remember that only round diamond can have an ideal cut.
• Premium cut – it is considered to enhance the diamond’s brilliance in terms of expense of size.
• Very Good – If you choose diamonds with “very good” grades, it is the reflection of the majority of lights that it possesses.
Apart from the above grades, Good and Fair & Poor grade are also given to diamonds. These are the best ways to compare diamonds. Cuts of this grade are designed to maximize the diamond’s size and carat.
Clarity –Blemishes and inclusions are two major factors to examine the diamonds’ clarity. Blemished is for Surface flaws (chips, pits, and scratches) whereas Inclusions refer to internal flaws (cracks and air bubbles etc). There are industry standard to rate the diamond’s clarity such as
• Flawless (F) – No internal or external flaws.
• Internally Flawless (IF) – No internal flaws, but some surface flaws. Very rare.
• Very Very Slightly Included (VVS1-VVS2) – diamond has inclusions that only a trained gemologist can identify at 10x magnification.
• Very Slightly Included (VS1 and VS2) – diamond possesses inclusions, visible with 10x magnification only.
• Slightly Included (SI1 and SI2) – diamond has inclusions, noticeable under 10x magnification
• Included (I1, I2, and I3) – inclusions are visible without magnification.
Color- It is a good step for the assurance of the Color’s absence or presence in white diamonds. The presence of color lowers the diamond’s value. Choose the colorless diamonds, as they are considered to be more valuable and desirable. A 23-point graded scale is the industry standard to be followed to that help rate the diamonds from “D” to “Z.”
• D, E, and F rates are colorless diamonds
• G, H, and I are nearly colorless diamonds
• J, K, L, and M have faint yellow color in diamonds
• N, O, P, Q, and R have a very light yellow coloration in diamonds
• S, T, U, V, W, X, Y, and Z have a light yellow color in diamonds
4-Certified Jewellery Stores
There are certain certificates given to the reliable and reputed Jewellery Stores. Purchase your necklace from such shops that have –
• EGL Diamond Grading Certificates
• EGL USA Diamond Certificate
• EGL USA Diamond Analysis Report
• E.G.L International Diamond Certificate
No doubt, there is a collection of diamond pendants shops in the market. Buy the diamond pendant of your choice from that have the above certificates from the above mentions institutions. By following the above criteria, you will be able to but the original and quality diamonds and enhances your beauty.